CAREERS WITH ODETTE & CO
NOW HIRING: PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - PART TIME (3 DAYS)
We are a small full-service agency looking for a PR maverick to lead our PR portfolio. The role will provide strategic communications support for our PR and broader marketing and social media clients.
The ideal human to join our little team will be ALL about relationships, so quite simply, you must adore people. Your job will see you building relationships and providing counsel to our superstar clients regarding campaigns, creative projects and wider marketing campaigns.
You’ll be a natural with the media and come with a solid book of media contacts and an innate ability to build new relationships as the media landscape shifts and changes. You’ll be the key liaison for O&C media outreach, including building relationships with, and pitching to your key media contacts.
While this is a maternity leave cover, we also see this as a growing area in our business. For the right person, who helps us grow, there is a place beyond the contract. This means you’ll love the challenge of new business opportunities and be confident developing pitches, strategy and presenting to new clients.
Our work is creative and ever moving, so you’ll be an ideas machine, regularly brainstorming innovative and creative ideas for our clients to amplify their brand presence beyond traditional PR approaches.
And underpinning all that creative and strategic superpower, you’ll also intimately understand the essential role of client and staff briefing and analysing PR coverage.
- Daily point of contact with key media contacts
- Developing industry, sector and product focused PR campaigns
- Being the key contact and managing the needs of our fabulous clients
- Keeping abreast of current PR trends and tools
- Building client relationships and maintaining a network of media contacts including journalists and industry spokespeople
- Leading both traditional PR and social media projects
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to further the client’s profile, products and services.
- Being involved in pitching for new business and developing PR proposals
- Mentoring our beautiful junior staff members
- Developing media releases, articles, speaking points and social media content as required
- Managing resources and project managing campaigns to deliver against agreed plans
- High levels of communication - both presentation, verbal and written skills
- Impressive emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise
- A passion for the media and social media
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation
- Strong copywriting and marketing mastery
- Commercially aware and business savvy
- Good industry knowledge and experience in building influential networks
- Solid computer prowess and project management skills
- Outstanding organisation with an ability to manage multiple projects and portfolios
- Service focused and sensitive to confidential information
- A certificate or degree is not a mandatory because we know that real world experience is just as valuable, but if you have relevant tertiary qualifications or evidence of copywriting, marketing and report writing, social media, event management and client liaison skills, we want to hear from you.
- Strong communication with excellent presentation and data analysis capabilities
- Aptitude to build a network of influencers and press commentators
- Must have a minimum two years industry experience in a similar media/PR specific role
Salary range 60-70K pro rata depending on experience.
Applications close 30 August. Send an email to Odette outlining your experience, why you think you're the perfect fit and an anticipated start date.
- Providing good quality service is at our core. Where we can, we add value, solving more than the problem at hand and bringing as much as we possibly can to the table. We believe in service beyond the sale – finessing the finer details and constantly seeking to augment brands at every turn (not just the turn they hired us for)
- We act with integrity and seek to align with brands with purpose. We value infusing and encouraging a sense of corporate responsibility in businesses we work with
- We believe that communication is key, care deeply about building client rapport and the people we are working with – always aiming to provide timely responses, and for our communications with clients to reflect the way we operate.
- We seek to infuse a deep sense of relaxation and calm in those working with us
- We want to provide a cohesive, seamless journey on any project – from start to finish
- We pride ourselves on our holistic approach to our work
We happily welcome third year University students and recent graduates for paid, practical internships in PR and social media at Odette & Co.
We are looking for communications superstars who have strong written and verbal communication skills. You must be super keen to learn and have the right mindset.
Interns will assist our team with:
- Media contact list development
- Social Media implementation/research
- Media pitching
- Media analysis
- Proposal development
- Strategy and brainstorming sessions
If this is you, we would love to hear from you. Email your CV and an intro about why you should work with us to odette[at]odetteandco.com.au.